This statement discloses the privacy practice for the website of Display Warehouse Inc. It is our intent to give you as much control as possible over your privacy in regard to your personal information and the use we make of it in the course of our business. In general, you can visit Display Warehouse on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
WHAT INFORMATION WE GATHER AND TRACK
There are times when we may need information from you, particularly when you contact us with the intent of receiving additional information. Display Warehouse will ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form.
When you submit information to us, we protect such information against unauthorized disclosures by using secure technologies. Your information is strictly for Display Warehouse use only, and we do not share it with other companies or third parties, unless compelled by law or court order to do so.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER AND TRACK
The information gathered from the forms you fill out is used in one of three ways:
- to provide you with information about our products, services, news and events
- to allow you to purchase or download products
- to gather broad demographic information about user trends.
We will not sell your personally identifiable information to an unrelated third party. We may, however, share such information with our partners and advertisers, or transfer such information to a purchaser of our business assets.
Displaywarehouse.com uses various methods to collect certain other kinds of information including "cookies", "referers", IP addresses, and environment variables. Here is how we use these methods:
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also disable your cookies by changing the preferences in your browser.
A Referer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web URL you linked from, and it is automatically gathered by our Web server. This information is used by Display Warehouse to identify broad demographic trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
IP addresses are automatically gathered by our Web servers. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your ISP or your computer so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you. You can not be personally identified from this information.
Environment variables we gather include time, type of Web browser being used and the operating system/platform. This information is used only for broad demographic information. This information is used by Display Warehouse in identifying broad demographic trends and may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
Additionally, the Display Warehouse site may contain links to other Web sites, however, Display Warehouse is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Subject to the foregoing, Display Warehouse uses your personally identifying information in several ways:
- to customize various aspects of the Services to your preferences
- to determine which advertisements or sponsor messages will appear on your screen
- to send to you Display Warehouse solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may "opt out" of receiving these materials, as provided below)
- to send to you certain e-mail messages that are critical to your use of the Services, such as system status updates or order confirmations (because these messages contain important information, you may not be able to "opt out" of receiving such messages);
- to "pre-populate" forms that are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by Display Warehouse and/or its sponsors (in no case will pre-populating a form automatically transfer any data to an advertiser or other third party - only if you voluntarily request that such data be transferred will any such transfer take place, e.g., by clicking the "Submit" button)
- as may be necessary to support the operation of the Services, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes.
In addition to the circumstances described above, Display Warehouse may disclose your personally-identifiable information to third parties as follows:
- If you "opt-in" to receive promotional materials (see below), information you have made available to Display Warehouse may be made available to third parties who provide goods or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, we will not release that information to third parties unless necessary to complete a transaction between you and such a third party. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- All information made available to Display Warehouse may be made available to our contractors and consultants, and professional advisors (such as attorneys or accountants), but only to the extent necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and only under a duty of confidentiality.
"Opting In": You may choose to "opt in" to receive promotional materials from Display Warehouse and/or its affiliates, advertisers, or other business partners. You will be given the opportunity to "opt in" to receive such materials at every point at which we collect personally identifiable information through the Services. You may change your "opt in" status or "opt out" with respect to such materials at any time by contacting us at privacy@DisplayWarehouse.com. You may also contact those third parties directly.
SURVEYS AND SWEEPSTAKES:
Occasionally, Display Warehouse may conduct surveys in order to better deliver advertisements and content and to better understand your needs relating to the Services. We will not share your survey information with any third party, except in aggregate form. In addition, if and when we sponsor sweepstakes or other promotions, or third parties sponsor such promotions in conjunction with us, either we or the third party will post relevant privacy information in the official rules and/or registration area for the sweepstakes or promotion. That privacy information, to the extent it conflicts with this Policy, will govern that particular promotion or sweepstakes - please remember to read it carefully.
DELETING OR CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to have your personally identifiable information removed from Display Warehouse's database, or would like to correct an error in such information, please contact us at privacy@DisplayWarehouse.com, and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within Display Warehouse databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however Display Warehouse reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former customers or users of Display Warehouse.
CONTACTING US ABOUT PRIVACY
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you may contact:
Display Warehouse, Inc.
8860 Kenamar Drive Ste. 307
San Diego, CA 92121
For general questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org